Monday, December 8, 2008

The Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary

I was invited to a HOLY DAY OF OBLIGATION in the Catholic church by a fiend who knows my story! I attended the mass not know what would take place but
I have attended Catholic church before.
My thoughts are in blue!
Catholics have Six holy days of obligation exist in the United States:
January 1, the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God
Solemnity of the Ascension (always is celebrated on the Seventh Sunday of Easter)
August 15, the Solemnity of the Assumption
November 1, the Solemnity of the All Saints
December 8, the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception
December 25, the Solemnity of the Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Other Important Days:
Ash Wednesday-Holy Thursday-Good Friday-Holy Saturday-Easter Sunday
The Immaculate Conception
of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Solemnity
December 8

Jean Bellegambe
Saint Anne conceiving the Virgin MaryDouai,
Musée de la Chartreuse

Scripture
First Reading - Genesis 3: 9-15, 20
After Adam had eaten of the tree the Lord God called to him, "Where are you?" He asked. "I heard the sound of You in the garden," he replied. "I was afraid because I was naked, so I hid." "Who told you that you were naked?" He asked. "Have you been eating of the tree I forbade you to eat?" The man replied, "It was the woman You put with me; she gave me the fruit, and I ate it." Then the Lord God asked the woman, "What is this you have done?" The woman replied, "The serpent tempted me and I ate."Then the Lord God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, Be accursed beyond all cattle, and wild beasts. You shall crawl on your belly and eat dust every day of your life. I will make you enemies of each other: you and the woman, your offspring and her offspring. It will crush your head and you will strike its heel."The man named his wife 'Eve' because she was the mother of all those who live.

Second Reading - Ephesians 1: 3-6,11-12
Blessed be God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with all the spiritual blessings of heaven in Christ. Before the world was made, He chose us, chose us in Christ, to be holy and spotless, and to live through love in His presence, determining that we should become His adopted sons, through Jesus Christ for His own kind purposes, to make us praise the glory of His grace, His free gift to us in the Beloved. And it is in Him that we were claimed as God's own, chosen from the beginning, under the predetermined plan of the One who guides all things as He decides by His own will; chosen to be, for His greater glory, the people who would put their hopes in Christ before He came.

Gospel: Luke 1:26-38

In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. And he came to her and said, "Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you!" But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and considered in her mind what sort of greeting this might be. And the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give to Him the throne of His father David; and He will reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of His kingdom there will be no end.
And Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I have no husband?"
And the angel said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the Child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God. And behold, your kinswoman Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son; and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren, for with God nothing will be impossible." And Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her. (RSV-CE translation)
These were the things read and then the father/pastor
spoke on what was read and how it applied to this day!
He stated that this day was to be thankful for the
creation of MARY in her mothers womb
(ANNE)
because with out MARY
there would have been no vessel for
Jesus Christ to dwell in!
The man named his wife 'Eve' because she was the mother of all those who live.
Where Mothers begin was with EVE!!
Before the world was made, He chose us, chose us in Christ, to be holy and spotless,
and to live through love . . .
This is where the purpose of Saint ANNE
was place to conceive Mary the mother of Jesus Christ . . .
and our purpose was set as well for
Mary
. . . and the virgin's name was Mary.
And he came to her and said, "Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you!"
Here is when the Lord stated that Mary was
full of grace for her whole life so that
she may be sinless from the time of conception
till the birth of Jesus Christ and . . .
. . . for with God nothing will be impossible."
This is true and He works in His own time, way and purpose!!
Then the father/priest spoke of the Catholic thoughts of abortion
and that in the scriptures it does not use this word.
But with in the scriptures it only speaks of
LIFE and the VALUE of LIFE
and how every SOUL is special
and so are there mothers,
who bring them into this world,
the Lord has a plan and purpose for
every soul and child which each and everyone of us ARE!!
I was interested and thought of Elena and how there are many women in the place I was unmarried and pregnant facing a decision of LIFE and what to do for the child that she is carrying. Some women choice abortion and to end the LIFE that they have within them, but I feel and know is not the right choose that our LORD wants but our Lord does forgive and continues to bless each and every one of us!
The mass ended in the father/pastor reminding us to thank
our mothers for bringing us into this world and giving us life!!
So I would like to thank my birth mother (ELSA) at this point for
my life and for the thought she put into placing me for adoption!
Which has allowed me be to be blessed with my
beloved mother, father and sister in an
ETERNAL family!!
I would also like to say that I am grateful
for the opportunity to BRING
ELENA GRACE BOOTH
into this world and also
bless her with an ETERNAL FAMILY!!
THANK YOU
LORD !!

No comments: