Thursday, November 13, 2008

Little by Little








And the Lord your God will clear those
nations before you,little by little;
you may not consume the
quickly, lest the beasts of the fieldincrease among you.
-DEUTERONOMY 7:22



Recently I thought about my like from the time I seriously began to follow Jesus Christ to today. Had i known then - at the beginning of the journey - all the things God would take me through, I would probably have been afraid to sign up for the trip!


As I look back, However, I realize that God held my hand and let me advance in small steps. I had times of great discouragement - as well all do. I remember times of bitter tears over my personal failures. But God kept nudging me forward.


That's the secret of living the victorious Christian life - we move ahead little by little. It;s an inch forward over months and years. Most of us can understand that. The same is true in the battle for the minds. We don't roust Satan in one BIG blow and them live in victory forever after. We win one small battle, and then we're ready to move on to the next one. We may have few major victories that come suddenly, but not many of them. the fight to destroy Satan's strongholds comes mostly by daily happenings and moving ahead.


The first time I thought of that fact, it was in discouraging, until i realized the wisdom of God. The spiritual principal works on ever level.God had blessing out there waiting for us, but it is up to us, to go and take in and take it.
In the verse I based this off of, God spoke of the beast in the fields. There were many wild animals in the land, and it could have been dangerous. But what it we thought of the beast as PRIDE? What if God suddenly gave us Full, complete victory, and e never struggled again; how would that affect us? Surely pride would creep in.
God has a wonderful plan for each of us, but it never comes with just one major victory, so that we never struggle again. Instead, it's an warfare, and we must remain vigilant and be aware of the attacks of the enemy.
Another aspect is that because we move ahead little by little, it makes makes us savor every victory. Every time we overcome or destroy one of Satan's strongholds, we rejoice. thus we can remain in a constant thanksgiving. If we've had only one victory how dull our lives would be. Or worse yet, how easy would it be for us to take God for granted. Isn't it better to serve a God who takes us slowly forward, always showing us the way, always encouraging US?
Help me to realize my struggles and call on YOU, I see Your wonderful, loving and caring hand taking me forward - little by little- For that I am grateful. AMEN

1 comment:

Matt & Darla said...

Marisol -

A mutual friend of mine and Matt's and the Booth's found your comment on her blog today. After reading your blog, she sent me an email with a link to your blog and suggested I check it out.

You see, Matt and I are also going through the adoption process, and I have been seriously struggling with the words to write our birthparent letter. She is aware of our struggles and thought maybe your blog would help inspire me. Once we get the letter written, we can get our approval and then hopefully someday in the near future we will be chosen by someone to raise their child, just as you've done for Randy and Caroline. She's a beautiful little girl....I seen her in person!!

I took the suggestion to read your blog and I must say that I was very touched! I cried the entire time I was reading! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the world........it means a lot to us!

Again, thank you! You are a special person!

-Darla-