I had gotten up at a Friend's where I spent the night. I am an early riser, so I got dressed and went to pick up tacos for Lisa, her husband,the kids and myself. We ate and then Lisa and I proceeded to got out on a rainy morning to an estate sale. We looked around and the stuff was not for us thus we proceeded to go to Wal-mart, CVS and Payless; we looked around, then back to the comforts of her home. We sat in bed and watched "Mi Familia". Her husband brought us whatever we needed and wanted. We relaxed all day. In the early evening Lisa brought me back to Alice at about 6 p.m. I had a great time but was just a bit tired from not sleeping in my own bed. I decided to change my clothes and take my daily walk! I told my Dad, who was the only one home and then I left. I walked by my friend's house who walks with me from time to time. We walked and them at her house I stopped to visit before heading home. She had just gotten her camera back. She wanted a picture of me before I Popped!!
I went home and cleaned up, ate dinner and then off to bed. I felt a bit sick - Constipated really!!
It was 1op.m. and slept till 12:30a.m. - up to the rest room like any other night. Then again at 1:35a.m. but this time I felt like I needed to go real bad but no luck - back to bed. At 2:45 I got up and was in a bit of pain so back to the restroom I went, but nothing. The walking, and just getting out of bed helped. I tried going back to sleep. At 3:17 a.m. I was up again and from then on out I had the pains every 10 - 15 min. I was not sure what to do; it was late/early (whatever) and I just began to walk around in the house. Walking helped me with the pain but once I laid back down, I would have another pain.
I went home and cleaned up, ate dinner and then off to bed. I felt a bit sick - Constipated really!!
It was 1op.m. and slept till 12:30a.m. - up to the rest room like any other night. Then again at 1:35a.m. but this time I felt like I needed to go real bad but no luck - back to bed. At 2:45 I got up and was in a bit of pain so back to the restroom I went, but nothing. The walking, and just getting out of bed helped. I tried going back to sleep. At 3:17 a.m. I was up again and from then on out I had the pains every 10 - 15 min. I was not sure what to do; it was late/early (whatever) and I just began to walk around in the house. Walking helped me with the pain but once I laid back down, I would have another pain.
SUNDAY AUGUST 31, 2008
At 4a.m. my mother awoke to use the restroom. I stopped her in the hallway and told her that I thought it was time to have the baby. We procerded to get dressed and ready to make the trip to Kingsville. The trip was not too bad, but the pains started to come every 5 min. We arrived at the Hospital at 5a.m. I checked in. They took me back to the labor and delivery unit where they registered me and asked lots of questions.
The nurse then checked me and stated that I was 3.5 centimeters dilated, then she left the room. When she returned I was told that Dr. E was on call, which was a relief since he was my doctor. They had called him and he said that they should go ahead and admit me.
They tried six times to put in an IV and the seventh worked. Yay!! It took them an hour to do it. The first vein busted, the second clotted, 3rd busted again, this whole time I was going through contractions. Once the nurse said I have not poked you yet, I said I know I was having a contraction!! Well the fourth one was something! Not quite sure, but it did not work. Then they decided to call in reinforcements. Another nurse came in and tried, another busted vein and also another clotted vein. So at this point they went for a bigger vein on my arm near my elbow, IT WORKED, it was just in an odd spot.
After all that it was 8 a.m. and so they check my cervix again and at this point I was what they say, at 70% plus/minus 1.
My mother then called my Tia Elva the P.A. of the family to tell her the news and she responded "She will have the baby around NOON!!" My mother and I sat and waited as time passed and the pains came and went. She continued to call others like my sister and other family members. I also called Randy and Caroline to let them know.
My mother then called my Tia Elva the P.A. of the family to tell her the news and she responded "She will have the baby around NOON!!" My mother and I sat and waited as time passed and the pains came and went. She continued to call others like my sister and other family members. I also called Randy and Caroline to let them know.
When I called, Caroline answered and I told her I was in the hospital and that I would have the baby soon. I felt odd and not quite sure what to say to her; I think she felt the same way!
A nurse came in to inform me of the types of pain medication available and how they worked- Epidural or IV pain medicine. I choose to just have the IV pain medicine. I was told this drug would only last an hour and could only be given every three hours, I was going to hold out as long as possible to make sure it would last me.
A nurse came in to inform me of the types of pain medication available and how they worked- Epidural or IV pain medicine. I choose to just have the IV pain medicine. I was told this drug would only last an hour and could only be given every three hours, I was going to hold out as long as possible to make sure it would last me.
Before, she left she checked me and I was at a 6!!
Now 9a.m. and Dr.E was in to check me himself. I was now at a 7.
Well, I continued on working through the pain; they were not that bad! They would come about every 4-5 min. The nurse came in to check my vitals, also to see if I was ready for the pain medication. I said "I will go till 10 a.m. no problem" So she just reminded me to let her know when I was ready for it.
I had been watching the Hurricane Ike news reports this whole time on t.v. just to keep busy. At this point my Aunt Elva had made it to the hospital and we visited and realized that no one brought a camera. So off to Wal-mart my Aunt headed.
At 10a.m. I was in greater pain but my mom and aunt asked how often the contractions were happening and I said about every 3 minutes. It was odd to me because I had one that was more painful then the previous one. I could barely feel it, and it was back and forth with this.


No comments:
Post a Comment